15. Certificate of complete exemption by virtue of Namibia Senior Secondary Certificate subject Higher and Ordinary or HIGCSE and IGCSE Level examinations of Cambridge International Examinations and/or the Namibian Ministry of Education in collaboration with Cambridge International Examinations
1. The Committee of Principals shall issue a certificate of complete exemption to a person who –
a. passed in at least five different subjects on the Higher and/or HIGCSE and the Ordinary and/or IGCSE levels selected from Groups I and II and two of Groups III, IV and V:
Group I: a first language approved by the Committee of Principals;
Group II: a second language approved by the Committee of Principals;
Group III: A third or foreign language approved by the Committee of Principals which is not offered for the purpose of Group I or II, Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics, Physical Science or Physics;
Group IV: Art and Design, Biology (if not offered under Group III), Chemistry (if not offered under Group III), Economics, Geography, History, Mathematics (if not offered under Group III), Music, Physical Science (if not offered under Group III) or Physics (if not offered under Group III);
Group V: Accounting, Business Studies, Computer Studies or Design and Technology;
b. passed four Higher and/or HIGCSE level subjects, of which at least one shall be from Group I or II and at least two others shall be from different groups, selected from Groups III, IV or V of subparagraph (a): Provided that any recognised third or foreign language subject from Group III can be recognised as a Group II second language subject satisfying the grouping requirements of one group only; and
c. passed either First Language English or English as a Second Language at Higher or HIGCSE Level or obtained a symbol 4 for First Language English or English as a Second Language at Higher or HIGCSE Level provided four other Higher and/or HIGCSE Level subjects, satisfying the grouping requirements of sub-paragraph (b) had been passed.
2. A (2)Higher or HIGCSE level subject from Group V of subparagraph (1)(a), selected for the purpose of subparagraph (1)(b), shall be accompanied by a pass in Mathematics on at least the IGCSE or Ordinary level.
3. A candidate shall satisfy all the requirements of subparagraphs 1.a and b at not more than two examination sittings.
4. Where a language subject is not examined in November, the preceding June examination sitting and the previous or subsequent November examination sitting will be regarded as the same examination sitting in terms of subparagraph (3).
5. Where a symbol 4 is obtained for a Higher or HIGCSE level subject, it is regarded as a pass mark in the equivalent Ordinary or IGCSE level subject except where it is a Higher or HIGCSE level first language subject in which case it shall be regarded as a second language Higher or HIGCSE level subject pass in that subject if another first language Higher or HIGCSE level subject is also passed.
6. A list of all Higher and Ordinary level subjects approved by the Committee of Principals will be available on request.