14. Certificate of complete exemption by virtue of Advanced Subsidiary Level and/or Higher International General Certificate of Secondary Education examinations of the examining bodies mentioned in Annexure I
1. Subject to paragraph 13.2 and subparagraphs 2 and 3, the Committee of Principals shall issue a certificate of complete exemption to a person who offered and passed –
a. At least five different subjects on the Advanced Subsidiary and/or Higher international General Certificate of Education and/or Ordinary Level including one selected from each of Groups I and II and two selected from two of Groups III, IV and V:
Group I: A first language approved by the Committee of Principals;
Group II: A second language approved by the Committee of Principals;
Group III: A third language approved by the Committee of Principals not offered for the purpose of Group I or II, Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics or Physics;
Group IV: Art, Biology (if not offered under Group III), Chemistry (if not offered under Group III), Economics, Geography, History, Mathematics (if not offered under Group III), Music or Physics (if not offered under Group III);
Group V: Accounting, Business Studies, Computing, Design and Technology or Further Mathematics;
b. passed in four Advanced Subsidiary Level and/or Higher International General Certificate of Education subjects, of which at least one shall be from Group I or II and at least two shall be selected from two of Groups III, IV or V of subparagraph a: Provided that any recognised language subject from Group III may be recognised as a Group II subject satisfying the grouping requirements of that group only;
c. passed in English or English Language or English Language and Literature at Advanced Subsidiary or Higher International General Certificate of Education or Ordinary Level.
2. An Advanced Subsidiary Level or Higher International General Certificate of Secondary Education subject from Group V of subparagraph 1.a may only be recognized for the purpose of subparagraph 1.b, if the candidate has passed in Mathematics on at least Ordinary Level.
3. A candidate must have satisfied all the requirements of subparagraphs 1.a and 1.b at not more than two examination sittings.
4. Where a subject is not examined in the November examination, the preceding or following June examination sitting, and in the case where the main examination is in June, the previous or subsequent November examination sitting will be regarded as the same examination sitting for the purposes of subparagraph 3.
5. A subject offered and passed at second or foreign language level does not meet the Group I requirements.